Images are assigned points by the judge(s). The club with the highest score wins the honor of taking the Club Trophy home. They get to dust it for a year. Kinda like taking the other club's mascot home for a visit.
- The contest is tentatively scheduled for April 22, 2020 hosted by Bristol Photographers Club.
- Location will be announced.
- Four clubs are participating:
Churchville Photography Club (CPC)
Doylestown Photography Club (DPC)
Cheltenham Photography Club (CPC2), and
Bristol Photographers Club (BPC), previously known as Focal Planes Photography Club.
- A new twist - This year there are no restrictions on post-processing manipulation. However, all parts of the image must be the work of the photographer, except for textures and frames.
- It has been decided that each club will submit ONE image for each of the following:
NOTE: “Artificial light” means images of some artificial light source, NOT an image TAKEN in artificial light.
Feelings (without faces)
Faces in objects (things that resemble a face)
Items starting with the letter P
Macro (extreme close up - either use a real macro lens or crop)
NOTE: Oxymoron is a figure of speech in which two opposite ideas are joined to create an effect. The common oxymoron phrase is a combination of an adjective proceeded by a noun with contrasting meanings, such as “cruel kindness,” or “living death”. However, the contrasting words/phrases are not always glued together.
B&W with a splash of red
NOTE: In traditional Japanese aesthetics, wabi-sabi is a world view centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete".
We have 25 subjects. A selection process will be managed so that we are not overwhelmed with images in one category (or lack volunteers for other categories).
CPC will select their entries at the March 16, 2020 meeting. Plenty of time to think and be creative with your subject!